Poetry from Blue Fred Press

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bruce

While I Bleed For Love

I have realised that my heart is broken
four months after I split with her
(now ain't that me all over).
But I can't tell her, I think she ought to know
and I can't hear hers isn't broken too.
Nor can i play the penitent,
pretending it was all my fault,
though dissecting it for blame
would be pointless masochism.
I just keep remembering pleasant things
we did, and finding things she bought for me
like the plunger I unclogged the sink with
while handwashing my western shirt just now.
I want to phone. Talking to her feels so right.
but I can't hear indifference in her voice,
a trace of evidence that we are really over..
I'd rather risk not having her again
than losing her forever while I bleed for love.

No comments: